11 Sep Top 10 things pregnant women worry about
Top 10 things pregnant women worry about
Pregnancy is great, amazing, and life changing. But there are a few not so pleasant things that come with being pregnant and giving birth. Women read all about the scary things that can happen, the embarrassing, and not so pleasant things as well. Worrying kind of comes with the territory–unfortunately. It’s normal to wonder about things you read about, or hear about. But it would be a good thing to try to put things into a realistic perspective so that you can enjoy your pregnancy and reduce your anxiety. Here are the top 10 not so serious, but worrisome things that women think about when pregnant.
- Weight Gain. Ok, we all know we have to gain weight, and depending on what side of the thought process you’re on, this can be a great source of anxiety for women. On one hand, you can look at it as “eating for two” (without any evil looks or judgment) and enjoy all the sinful delights you want, but on the other hand, putting on 75 lbs is still putting on 75 lbs that you have to take off.
- Stretch Marks. Those unappealing pesky things that may or may not show up; they can come in an array of colors and appear in a variety of places. And, they’re permanent…yikes! Creams, oils, and butters may prevent some, but truthfully, stretch marks are genetic.
- Hemorrhoids. Painful, swollen, itchy and just.not.fun. No one wants these. Not every woman experiences this, but it’s a real concern for pregnant women who are already the most uncomfortable people on the planet.
- Swollen ankles. So not cute, and definitely not comfortable, you can lift your feet as high as you want and still they’ll be swollen. This is a sign of Preeclampsia so you will want to talk to your doctor if need be.
- Varicose and Spider veins.
- How much will it hurt? Women are prepared for pain when giving birth but many women wonder how much pain it will be. No one can really answer that, and truthfully, if you’re pregnant you want to avoid those kinds of conversations, because it’ll only make you even more anxious.
- Pooping in the delivery room. No need to elaborate more on this point.
- Will everything go back to normal? Women’s bodies take a beating while pregnant, and when delivering. It’s no wonder that for many women, they worry if their body will go back just as it was before pregnancy.
- Will I be a good Mother? Even the best moms worry about this.
- Will my baby be OK?
Anything you would add to this list? Comment below 🙂
Love & Hugs,