04 Mar Reaching Mothers through the Healthcare system
It’s no secret that Bun in the Oven is passionate about helping mothers make the best decisions for themselves and their babies; offering a series of information and support services such as infant CPR, Birth coaching, and Breastfeeding classes. Even more exciting, is that now, through information that is available in Doctors Hospital, more women have access to our support services and product information than ever before.
This is a new way of thinking and promoting beneficial health services in the hopes of reaching as many women as possible. It is a common understanding that all women want the possibility of offering the best to their babies, which is why there was a need to make sure we made it possible for maternity patients to have access to our services.
Services like, breastfeeding support is of the highest importance to our mothers and the health care system given the unique benefits it offers not only to the babies, but also the tremendous benefits it offers the mothers.
Women who have a baby generally fall into two categories; those that know about breastfeeding, want to breastfeed, but are unsure of a few things, or those that don’t know anything about breastfeeding and have mostly made up their mind, not to. What’s interesting about both of these categories, is that the end result, could be successful breastfeeding. It is amazing what proper support and information can lead to. It’s not about forcing a belief or breastfeeding, but rather providing the correct information to the mother to help them make the best decision for themselves and their babies. The rest is a choice and is completely up to the mother.
Here are a few truths that may be of interest:
- Breast milk is the best form of nutrition you can offer your baby.
- Breastfeeding can reduce the chance of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer in the mother.
- Breastfeeding can reduce the chances of developing type 2 diabetes for both the mother and the baby.
- Breast milk changes its composition every day, based on the baby’s needs.
- There is more DHA in breast milk, than formula. ( Some formula is adding DHA, Breast milk is in the natural form)
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of SIDs by 50%
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of childhood obesity by 22%, and can also reduce adult obesity in breastfed children.
- You don’t have to burp the baby if you breastfeed. You only have to burp the baby if you are giving a bottle to administer the milk.
- You will never give your baby gas though breastfeeding.
- No, your milk doesn’t taste bad, and it’s not too salty. Your breast milk smells like the amniotic fluid, a safe, warm and comforting environment that your baby spent 9 months in. They love you, trust me!
I don’t know any infant formula that can boast any of those benefits. Get the facts, learn about breastfeeding so that you can make a complete decision for you and your baby. We have touched on only a few truths about breastfeeding, there are so many more.
Doctors Hospital has always been innovative leaders in healthcare in our country, and Bun in the Oven is proud to be able to share important information with their patients. For more information, you can pick up a flyer at Doctors Hospital maternity ward, and Patient Registration, or you can come in to see us in store.