24 May 5 Pregnancy Books to Read
5 Pregnancy Books to Read
There are lots of self help books in the market, on all sorts of topics! Pregnancy advice books are common items on the newly pregnant “wish list.” With so many choices, its difficult to find the ones you really need, and it’s enough to make any woman feel a little overwhelmed.
Here are a few of the bestselling ones that I selected when I was pregnant:
- What to Expect When Expecting – Heidi Murkoff This book is the bible of all pregnancy books. It’s the first book I think most women buy. It’s a very detailed book with lots of information for every stage, situation, and side effect. The down side is that it has more information than you sometimes need to hear. Always check with your doctor if you have any questions.
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding- Diane Wiessinger This is a great book to read and refer to if you’re thinking about breastfeeding. It’s a great reference book and is frequently updated.
- Belly Laughs- Jenny McCarthy This is a really funny book! It addresses all of the icky parts of pregnancy and makes it hilarious. Nothing too complicated and heavy, just real talk with a very funny lady. If you’ve ever wondered about pooping while pushing…get the book! LOL
- The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy- Vicki Lovine Everything your mother or doctor won’t tell you in in this book….all sorts of valuable information and helpful advise on a variety of pregnancy topics. I definitely recommend that you READ THIS BOOK 🙂
- The Baby Name Wizard- Laura Wattenberg Not your average baby name book! If you want a good place to start to throw around some names, start here. This book will break it down in a very detailed way, with meanings, sibling name suggestions, and popularity, all based on analysed research. By far, one of my favorite baby name books.
This list should keep you busy! What are some of the books you like? Happy Reading 🙂
Love & Hugs,